Scion, what went wrong?!

So, where do I start. A number of events caused me to stop blogging, I think mainly was the shock of what happened with Scion.

For those of you who are new, when I started this blog I was a prominent member of an order called Scion, which was led by Aurelia Starborn, Master of House Starborn. Scion was supposed to be a place to balance magic and muldain following the principles of the three pillars Dar, Gyu and Sei (Body, Mind and Spirit). Although his teachings made sense throughout my association with Scion his madness became more and more prevalent before it reached a boiling point and became too much.

Essentially Scion was an alliance between a multitude of houses, House RavenCroft being one such house.

The first sign of his madness was perhaps his obsession with dominating everyone and everything around him, almost like a needy baby crying for attention. Except his tantrums took the form of terrifying magical storms. This sign first manifested himself as an obsession with calling Scion the "Scion Dominion". What does that tell you about someone?

This went on, for example when Scion ran into trouble with a group of spirits operating close to the veil, physically located in Northern Scotland (if I remember correctly), his immediate response was to wipe them off the face of the map, I then took control and along with Kai RavenCroft we wrote a treaty that was agreed by both sides. Through out this entire time Aurelia was insistent that in the treaty "They submit to the Scion Dominion" and much more ludicrous things.

The next thing that happened was he started to randomly select magicians that he perceived as threats, and then he attacked them with magic. Now House RavenCroft first and foremost is made up of battle magicians, most of whom are exorcists for the Dark Order. Naturally he relied on what at the time wasn't a big house, but still a powerful one, to do the fighting. We did not. I'm sorry but I'm not going to be a madman's attack dog and even back then I had the sneaking suspicion that was the precedent he was setting. Suffice to say he was very angry and took matters into his own hands.

Luckily Kai and I managed to behind the scenes divert his energies and deceive him into thinking he had eliminated his targets, don't get me wrong, his targets were nasty, nasty magic users, but regardless this world of Magic and Madness is like a wild west and now was not the time to engage those Magicians. Regardless, I am interested in peace, not war.

Soon afterwards, a member close to Aurelia called Emi left. At this Aurelia heavily scorned him to all in Scion, and at the mere mention of Scion Emi made on a forum Aurelia decided that Emi had to be "Excommunicated". This was magic he claimed to command that would slowly destroy the soul of the victim bit by bit after every rebirth until there was nothing left. Regardless of whether such magic exists (which I have doubts) this further showed his madness. At the time I was very much gripped by his doctrine and I believed he would do this after seeing his magic in action, I along with another member who I shall keep anonymous, spent about 5 hours talking him down.

After this, things were relatively calm, this was until I formed House RavenCroft officially within Scion, many of the Scion members immediately wished to join and Aurelia imposed a cap on our members to keep the scales balanced. Never the less people defected.

Before I go on, let me clarify that when people joined my house, they joined our lessons, the title of RavenCroft is earned, not given simply to those who join, it is not inherited either. House RavenCroft is a small group of magicians who have earned the title, it is not a major or prestigious organization nor do we attempt to be, it is simply a House of those who have earned the title, mainly certain exorcists within the Order.

Anyways, so this began to cause tensions, which mixed with his paranoia reached to a boiling point when he stopped answering my emails, forcing me to take action on my own in promoting two of my House members who were ready, without his consent. We could only do promotions once a year and he was playing silly power games and trying to stop me executing my right to promote my members as I see fit. This led to a massive conflict which then led to House RavenCroft unanimously voting to leave Scion, which at that point had many houses, and form the Dark Order as our own organization, family and home for exorcists like us.

So when we left, quiet a few people from the other houses/unassigned left with us, infuriated we were branded Warlocks (Oath breakers) by Aurelia and then he came after us. A magical attacked rocked us all, it hurt our newest magicians the most, barely an apprentice he left her with a broken spine. We thought this was low but when we counter attacked he quiet literally used his apprentices as a shield.

We had no quarell with anyone in Scion except for Aurelia, the Mad Magician. After seeing that he was using what few apprentices he has left as a shield I called off the attack. We planned and launched a second attack some weeks later, we shut down his magic and left it at that. We are charged with protecting those around us, even if they attack us if they are humans we have a duty of care. I will not condone the use of magic to hurt a person, regardless of what they do. We locked down his magic so that he could not hurt anyone else and left him be.

It has been a while since then, but the apprentice who was hurt has now recovered somewhat but is still in Physiotherapy, Gods were with her that day as although the vertebrae were broken the spinal chord remained intact.

So that's the story of why we left Scion, what is the Dark Order?

Well, that's the organization of exorcists that House RavenCroft now runs, we have Captains in training and each Captain will later have his/her own group of exorcists to manage cases and work with. We are a dedicated group and soon will be physical and working full time thanks to the generous funds of an anonymous donor. But more on that another time ;)

Dear Friend, if you are reading I thank you for taking an interest in this humble blog of mine, and look out for updates on my project blogs and more case files to come up here :)

Yours.
Lucius RavenCroft.
Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Pain- a magical pain killer.

Please read- lest we forget the Winter Equinox of 2012.

How to cope in this life (of magic and madness).