A worrying culture gripping the magical community.

This post is likely to maybe annoy a few magicians and so I tread carefully, before I begin I express that these views are my own, and do not reflect any held views of either House RavenCroft or the Dark Order. The integrity of the Order is defined by the hearts of our exorcists, not any official doctrine.
___________________________________________________________________________________

So today I was going to write about my experiments with the egregore "Fotamecus", the servitor made in 1997 by Chaote Fenwick Rysen, that I carried out last night- to much success. But events have since then transpired that I feel are more important and need to be discussed.

In a time of modern civilization, magicians like you and I are accustomed to keeping discreet our nature, not for fear but because in this day and age magic is mocked by those who know not it's ability. That's fine really, I respect non magicians and all. But that is not all, in this time magic is growing and it is peaking the radar of the public eye, and just like in times past it is not being met with tolerance and respect, but it is being met with fear and in some cases persecution.

Take for example, in this past week the German A.A. has been raided by the police and effectively shut down by the government, where among other reasons a senior spokesperson was quoted saying "illegal weapons and mind-control". Whether this is true or not is not for me to judge but regardless, this shows the fear that is very slowly creeping into the public eye.

Or take in recent history, until a heart touching petition by the moldain people put a stop to it, our dear Prime Minister David Cameron was going to filter the internet of among other things, all occult and alternative religious material.

I am proud to be a magician, to be an exorcist. I have always taken the view that as magicians, we can do mind control, we can influence events around people. But just like with martial arts, when you get to that stage of power, you also realize how petty and pointless firing spells back and forth actually is.

Unfortunately due to the events of today I am now not sure.

So the other day, on a section of a forum I frequent someone posted instructions how to "Curse your ex girlfriend" Now if any of you frequent any occult forums you will know this it is not uncommon for someone to make an account to ask how to do this, and they are met with the whole "Oh com' on mate". But this was different, I'm not used to someone openly sharing how to do it. And obviously not only as an exorcist but as a morally conscious magician this concerned me.

This post was met with some criticism but then to my surprise other magicians actually started giving tips how to improve it. I posted there about how it was immoral and wrong, and I guess I went a bit too far in my shock and said how in the order we trace cursers etc. And went on to call cursers vile and twisted magicians.

[Before I go on, let me clarify that there is a time and place for such magic. If you are being harassed, stalked, attacked etc. then yeah go for it. Self defense is self defense at the end of the day.]

There has only been one response so far, and it did in truth anger me. This was a magician who I have a lot of respect for, but was one of the ones who gave tips how to improve the curse with no wink or discouragement. We will call this person R.

R goes on to say it is either youthful arrogance or a high pedestal I sit and judge the original poster (OP) and I have no such right to judge and so on.

Now I'm used to the back and forth jousting of pens on forums, that's fun and there's no hard feelings, but I fear that this post has highlighted a wider problem in our community. That it is okay to just curse someone because you can.

So I posted back and have put the question to R, among other things I equated the cursing to a simple analogy. In regards to the morality of the matter, for decades this has already been determined. If you walk down the street and see a bully attacking someone smaller than him, I expect not everyone to intervene (I would, but that's me), but what would you think of the bully?

Just because the curse happens not on the street, makes it no less a crime, no less an act of bullying (to put it lightly) than domestic violence and bullying in our offices and streets.  I then ended on...

"So I will end on a question, what's the moral difference between sending a curse at your ex girlfriend and going to there house and attacking them? I assume that the latter is wrong, but what do you think?"

I hope I am wrong, I really do. I will be going through old posts on various forums and try and ascertain whether this is actually a widespread issue or just unique. But I fear this culture may be a widespread phenomenon among our generation of magicians.

My fellow magicians, occultists, dear friends and family. In a time of rising fears of our kind, please do not kindle such fears with the casual firing of curses and harming those around us. With power comes responsibility.

Thank you.

Lucius RavenCroft.
Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Pain- a magical pain killer.

Please read- lest we forget the Winter Equinox of 2012.

The Truth.