Possession VS Puberty.

So, the other day I got a call out in the middle of writing a paper so of course, I welcomed the opportunity to leave my desk! This was a call out by a women who was hysterically screaming down the phone that her daughter was possessed by a Demon. The reason, her daughter's voice had changed and while they were arguing she brought up things that the mother had "not told a soul".

I was skeptical to say the least but I did ask the basic questions such as "when did this start?" and "has her appearance changed?" etc. etc. Here she replied that this had been going on for almost a year now and that her appearance has "changed beyond recognition". Rolling my eyes I got the address (luckily it was local), got my kit and headed over.

When I got there, all hell had broken loose. Things were being thrown, the girl was screaming- she was 13 years old and having what appeared to be an excessively loud tantrum. I took the mother outside and spoke to her, going over all the details and so on, she even claimed that her daughter started to speak fluently in Latin.

In fact, when I spoke to the daughter I was looking around (astrally) and there was no sign at all of possession. The things the mother "didn't tell a soul", yeah- the girl produced her mother's diary- and the "Latin", upon listening to the recordings of the "Latin", it wasn't Latin, it was just garbled nonsense. Finally, changing beyond recognition, her lil' slugger grew breasts and started wearing make up, oh dear...

My conclusion- the girl was just a normal girl who wanted to go to a party and her mother is just a little bit nutty and they had both watched far too many horror movies.

Well, that's what I thought until this little girl got angry at me for calling her a brat and telling her to shut it (by this point it was about 2:30am) and she hurled me across the room (she was about 5ft, I'm 6ft-2 and about twice her weight at least...). She then started crying and as I picked myself up I rewound the tape to give back to her mother.

You know when you re-wind a tape and it plays backwards fast and very very high. Yeah, that happened and well, the tape was in Latin, but she was speaking reverse Latin and this all became very clear. The girl, noticing I realized immediately shut up and sat down. She completely closed off.

I won't go into the exorcising process now but to say the least, it was not a demonic possession, but it was just a very clever parasite that fed from the turbulence of the situation. But, I was going to walk away and leave this mother stranded with a very dangerous parasite, to be honest I even went to the length of performing the same process on the mother and believe it or not, she too had a dozen parasites clinging to her.

I just finished the after-care work the other day and to say the least, they are now better again. Which is really good. The actual exorcism was 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I still am reflecting upon it now though and really, I could have made a very big doo doo in that situation and who knows where they would be now?

The lesson that I learned from this is how to deal with the common situation an exorcist may have to deal with, is it possession or just puberty? The answer is just to play it safe and not go in skeptical but go in assuming the worse and then gathering evidence to prove/disprove it, to take seriously every call because the nutty mother was actually right.

Of course, only carry out an exorcism when it is necessary not as a "play it safe" card because if they are not possessed but are attracting astral attention, putting those thoughts and idea's into their heads might open them up to a giant shit storm.

Anyway, that's pretty much it on this case, hope you took something useful from this, remember- stay safe :)

Yours,
Lucius RavenCroft.
Coven Leader of Scion- RavenCroft Coven, London.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Pain- a magical pain killer.

Please read- lest we forget the Winter Equinox of 2012.

How to cope in this life (of magic and madness).