The post-chaos era- where are we now and where are we heading?

I remember when I first started studying conventional magic I was about to turn 12 years old, of course I was not concerned then with what would work well for me, but what was everyone else doing???

That was burning question, so that I could actually talk to people about things, be involved etc. Not be that guy who is different but still makes it work (Ironic, that's where I am now ha ha XD). Something else I've noticed is that this is very common among seekers today. Thing is, nowadays, from what I've seen there isn't really any "more popular style".

The last "more popular thingy" was chaos magic, and it has not declined at all don't get me wrong ha ha! Thing is, there are now enough people though doing other things for it to no longer be the main stream but it is still very popular.

Regardless there are still a few main stream paths. These are basically Ceremonial Magic (Key of Solomon, Kaballa etc.), Shamanism, Chaos Magic (still there!), Voudou and Hoodoo and Thelema (plus more!).

Saying that, the newer magicians are now starting to cross merge paths- taking different things from different paths that suit their needs most.

I think this is partially to do with the absence of new innovation. Although "Sorcery" is starting to branch off, it is still in it's early stages (Google a magician by the name of "Seth"- Tactical Sorcery). Think about it, after Chaos Magick has there been any new (as in, massive) things?

Thing is, I've had a feeling in the back of my heart for some time now that soon, around the corner, something big -I mean BIG- is going to happen. Revolutionary like Chaos Magick. Perhaps right now a group of magicians are toiling over some new break through, waiting for the right time to share their secrets with the world. Who knows where it'll come from?

I' guess we'll have to wait and see... Yes, my friend, we live in exciting times.

Yours,
Lucius RavenCroft.
Coven Leader of Scion- RavenCroft Coven, London.
Consultant Exorcist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Pain- a magical pain killer.

Please read- lest we forget the Winter Equinox of 2012.

How to cope in this life (of magic and madness).