How to cope in this life (of magic and madness).

Merlin supposedly once said "With one's head in the clouds, it is difficult to keep one's feet on the ground"

I read this in a children's story book, this is when Arthur, as a boy, looks up at Merlin and asks why he chooses not to fly even though he can. Later Merlin says that if your feet leave the ground, they'll never come back.

10 years on from reading that I finally understand what it means. I guess those two lines speak volumes about the duality of our existence. I'll give you an example.

Do you think when I was born my parents looked at me and said "Hey, he looks like a Lucius!"... well, they didn't look at me at all but that's a side point. No. My original Order Master (of the Dark Order, before it collapsed. I will be very impressed if any of you have heard of it) gave that name to me.

As I write this, I am on my fathers computer, sitting next to his secretary, waiting in his office for my new laptop to arrive. It's a building company of all things- writing about my life as an exorcist and combating demons and other magical affairs. As Lucius RavenCroft. That is the duality of our existence.

We live two lives, keeping secrets from one and complete and total disclosure to the other. This is the extreme duality of our situation and I guess, it is part of the price we pay for the power we gain. I guess I get asked all the time by apprentices and others how to cope and my answer is the same each time, don't stay alone.

The only way to cope with this extreme duality is by building a bridge between the two, for me. This bridge was back then the Dark Order but now Scion. I often then get asked about the time inbetween. The time after the Dark Order was destroyed but before I was saved by Master Aurelia Arcanon. How did I cope?

I didn't.

Both of my worlds came crashing down at once, both fleeting and then suddenly turning around and reaching a fortissimo constantly. With my moldain life pulling me, and then everyone watching me in my magical life to see what I would do.

So my advice, if you're alone, just entering the world of magic. Go online, find a social network for people like you, make friends, be part of something bigger. Trust me, don't try and walk alone.

Hope you took from this what you could and enjoyed the read, thank you for reading!

Yours truly,
Lucius RavenCroft.
Coven Leader of Scion- RavenCroft Coven, London.
Consultant Exorcist.

Comments

  1. Wow great post! This really resonated with me, being wiccan in a christian house hold it kind of made me feel alone, but social sites let me talk with others, so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Pain- a magical pain killer.

Please read- lest we forget the Winter Equinox of 2012.