Please read- lest we forget the Winter Equinox of 2012.

So, tonight is Friday, 20th September 2013. In 1 hour 26 minutes it will be exactly a year since it happened.

When I first made this blog, I made a pledge to be as open and honest as possible to those who read it, to try and give as accurate an insight as I can into my life- the youngest magician to reach the level of "Consultant Exorcist". In light of this pledge, I am going to speak about, for the first time, the single worse night of my life.

_______________________________________________________________________________


So you can understand the gravity of this, let me first tell you a bit about me, a perhaps darker version of me.

As a child growing up, I studied magic, it was my sense of control of a turbulent life, in which half the time I wanted to end. It saved my life (literally) just as many times, and in the same ways, as it made me want to take it. My "mother" was an alcoholic and my "father" was violent and abusive, my childhood was... interesting.

As I learned more magic and grew older I got picked up and adopted by House RavenCroft, and the Dark Order. Master Daniel RavenCroft took me under his wing and taught me all I know about the world, about magic, where my father didn't- he raised me. He was, in every sense of the word, my dad.
Ha, I'm holding back tears as I write this.

When they found me, I was a messed up teenager (13), I couldn't function socially, I had no friends, I lived and hated a world within which the only experience I had was hate from it too. I was at a snapping point, they took me under their wing. The Dark Order, House RavenCroft- they were my saviors and my salvation. In total they numbered around 30 people.

Within a year or two, I was a normal teenager, average really- except for me being an exorcist and all- they saved me in every sense of the word.

My dad, Daniel RavenCroft, he raised me right and true. I am not a drunk like my mother, I have never been drunk. I have never smoked or done drugs (and trust me, for a 17 year old in London this is an achievement on Dad's behalf), I've never hit a girl, I am a gentlemen and I always stood up for the bullied kids.

He raised me right, in every sense of the word.

So, that's about me, now you understand this, you'll understand fully, the gravity of what happened that night.

_______________________________________________________________________________


For the past year before this, this had been kicking off and building up. Any exorcist worth his salt knows that there are 13 Hell's (or sub dimensions of the demonic plane)- Mind you, most of them are dead now anyway.

Now, the 11th hell is empty, then a few years ago, a Demon by the name of "Dralith" took the hell, he then attracted legions, hordes, of demons- who became disenchanted with their Hell's etc. I mean thousands. He had been probing our plain for some time, small skirmishes throughout the year between our exorcists and his demons- soon his name was known.

Then, about 3 months in, he announced that on the 21st of December 2012, he was going to attempt to invade our plane- we had to act. The reason for this date? None of that Mayan Crap, he had a sense of irony (don't make a big deal of it)- it was the winter equinox, the only day of the year where it is dark for longer than it is light.

I was intimately involved in these affairs, being the adopted of Master RavenCroft himself. I had a few friends in the Dark Order who deserve mention now. My sister and guide, Kaala MoonSilver and my older brother and best friend, Marcus Delaney.

So, the skirmishes built up, the Dark Order was in trouble, we decided that our only option was to do a full vanguard, preemptive strike. So we waited...

_________________________________________________________________________________

The 21st came, I was in a convey of cars, driving to -. We were preparing for a battle of epic proportion, but I don't think anything could have prepared us for what was going to happen, no one thought that that would happen.

We deployed into the battle zone, we had our exorcists enter gnosis and Astrally Project. The rift opened, we went it. It was a charge, oh god was it great. We went in and fought past hundred of demons of all shapes and sizes- true demons these were.

We had a plan, we had constructed a spell to, in short, end it all. I was to cast it, using the combined energy of all the exorcists, while they fought in the abyss. Due to my age- I was the only one to stand in the middle (not in the abyss, not in our plane).

I began the spell casting, they hadn't told me but I am no idiot, I knew, every spell comes with a price. I was willing to sacrifice my life to do this, I was just thinking as I was doing it- thank you. Thank you all for saving me, giving me purpose where I had none. Thank you, for teaching me what it means to live as opposed to simply exist. Thank you, for showing me that in this world, love does exist. They knew not of this price to pay.

It was working, and my life force was leaving, I was dying. That is the closest to death I've ever been. I was seeing white, feeling my magic, my soul, leaving. Then I see a blurry figure, who pulls me somewhere and it clears up and it's my dad. Master RavenCroft pulls me out of the way and gives his life to fill the spell's energy needs. I stared in shock as the fighting raged below, and above my dad was dying. My family, my friends, everything that was ever good in my life, was dying.

I realized at that point I had stopped casting the spell. Dad was shouting at me to continue, I had no choice. The spell began to close the chasm. In the last moments many, many exorcists on Earth died. Do you know any exorcists? Look into their eyes, do they look kinda blank, ask them to cast a spell... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

I, with my own hand, finished the spell and sealed them all there, and killed Dralith as they fought in vain, to glory and to victory into the heavens...

I killed them, by my hand on that night I killed everything that was good in my life, The Dark Order, they selflessly sacrificed themselves to keep us safe. I played no risk and no part in this, it was all them.

By God, they were the bravest Women and Men that I have ever had the honour to fight with, and so, on this day- one year ago (in one hour), marks one year of the passing of the Dark Order.

Please, I ask you this, if you read this. Tomorrow (21/12/2013) please, put some flowers in a beautiful place with a card saying "For the Order". Or even just the paper on its own. It can be a beautiful place for your soul, some place meaningful to you, or a place of beauty- whatever. But please... do not let their sacrifice be forgotten... please. Show you remember, post in the comments photographs of the flowers/cards. Please...

Lest we forget, the Winter Equinox of 2012.

For the Order. You are in my heart, always.

Yours,
Lucius RavenCroft.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channeling Pain- a magical pain killer.

How to cope in this life (of magic and madness).